Resizing images from CLI

zzapper david@tvis.co.uk
Fri Apr 28 13:35:00 GMT 2006

Reid Thompson <reid.thompson@ateb.com> wrote in news:445206FF.80109
@ateb.com:

> zzapper wrote:
>> From the talk NG I got this info for CLI image manipulation
>>
>> requires ImageMagick installed and in path
>>
>> # from imageMagick
>>
>> convert -sample 80x40 abbeyparkarch.gif s_abbeyparkarch.gif
>> lsimg abbeyparkarch.gif s_abbeyparkarch.gif
>>
>> What I'd like now is to resize an image but preserve it's aspect ratio
>>
>> how do?
>>

> see the imageMagick homepage
> read the convert man page

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/convert.php

In fact
convert -sample 80x40 abbeyparkarch.gif s_abbeyparkarch.gif
automatically respects ratio, so only the y dimension is guaranteed

convert -resize 80  abbeyparkarch.gif s_abbeyparkarch.gif
respects ratio width 80

convert -resize x40  abbeyparkarch.gif s_abbeyparkarch.gif
respects ratio height 40

--
http://successtheory.com/tips/ Vim, Zsh, MySQL Tips