Launch APP over SSH

Wesley Smith wesley.hoke@gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 19:59:00 GMT 2006

So here's the scenario...

I'm trying to run a program called MaxMSP.  It does all kinds of great
things like networking, video processing, audio processing etc.  I'm
trying to setup a remote machine that captures video from a firewire
camera and transmits it over the network to the machine in the lab.
To this end, I want to be able to launch the APP from the terminal.
Even though I won't be graphically interating with it, I still want to
be able to launch it this way.  I've setup MaxMSP to receive messages
over UDP from the lab machine so that I can control the video capture
and streaming process.  Make sense?

How do I check this?
To try to be more helpful... What user is your sshd running as? If it is
SYSTEM, have you checked 'allow service to interact with the desktop'?

thanks,
wes