SetTimer Bug report

Vadim Melihow slon@satgate.net
Fri Apr 21 07:43:00 GMT 2006

Hello.

It must be bug, But Im not sure...

In WinXP all works fine.. but then I use  Windows 2003 works strange with
lastest version cygwin1.dll(file version 1.5.19-cr-0x5ef) but works fine with
oldest verstion, like 1.5.18 from 2005.07.02.

When use SetTimer in Win2003 Application form freeze and do not redraw, but
other program threads works fine.

I try set timer via two way.
SetTimer(hWnd, 1, 300, NULL);
and
SetTimer(NULL, 1, 300, (TIMERPROC) TimerProc);
and both way are not works.

void CALLBACK _export TimerProc(HWND hWnd, UINT msg, UINT idTimer, DWORD
dwTime)
{
    RefreshProgressMeter();
    SetTooltipText(hWnd, 0);
}

then in TimerProc(or WM_TIMER processing) insert some function application
freeze

it look likes program starts ... and after 2-3 seconds freeze, but core
threads are work..

I remind this bug I see only in Win2003 Server (WinXP and W2k works fine)

Sorry for my English...

--
phone: +70112573077
e-mail: slon@satgate.net