Not being given the option of installing packages on setup

Alexander J. Herrmann ping2weltall@gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 02:18:00 GMT 2006

René Berber wrote:

>Alexander J. Herrmann wrote:
>

>>René Berber wrote:
>>

>>>Igor Peshansky wrote:
>>>[snip]

>>>Practice what you preach.  You are also sending cc (to me at least),
>>>and you do
>>>it all the time.
>>>

>>But when anybody who replies to a message of you automaticly has your
>>name in the To: Field and has to add cygwin@cygwin.com additionally. So
>>everybody expects *you* would like to have the answer and as an option
>>it can be also send to the list. While replying to Igor it goes directly
>>to the list without causing additional work.
>>

>No, if I reply to a message it goes to the list and not to the "To:" field address.
>
>The list is there for a reason, being lazy and just pushing reply is not what I
>was complaining, I said Igor has sent me copies many times, not just this one,
>and he also likes to tell people not to do that but he's one that does it all
>the time.

Ok, never mind.

>>>[snip]

>>>Or you can read the messages from a newsgroup reader, no need to
>>>subscribe.  I
>>>use my regular email reader Thunderbird for this, connected to
>>>gmane.news; you
>>>can reply directly from that setting.
>>>

>>No wounder everybody is so confused. gmane.news dosn't exist. I guess
>>you meant news.gmane.org ?
>>

>Who is confused?  I just pointed out an alternative.  So I used the wrong name,
>who cares!

I did because I blindly copied it into Thunderbird without thinking much
because it's 7am here. A simple typo can make Newbies think there to
stupid to follow the instructions or like in this case suggestions and
give up. The name correction was the main reason for my reply because
there others out there ...

--
And God said"Let there be light."But then the program crashed because he was trying to access the 'light' property of a NULL universe pointer.

Alexander J. Herrmann
Analyst/Programmer
http://www.aiengine.org
Email: Ping2Weltall@Gmail.com