bash not running bash_profile or bashrc

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Tue Sep 20 14:52:00 GMT 2005

----Original Message----

  I don't suppose you've actually allowed it to run forever yet, so "never"
completes is too strong....

> For us, "mkpasswd -d" dumps ~1500-2000 users and then
> errs out.

  It's a known problem with both mkpasswd and mkgroup that they can take a
long time to run.  If you really want to be sure whether it's doing anything
or not, you could always try

mkpasswd -d | tee /etc/passwd

instead, and see if lines are being generated, however slowly.

> Our domain is hugh.

  ROFL!  Great typo!

    cheers,
      DaveK