xargs and upstream bug?

Eric Blake ericblake@comcast.net
Mon Sep 19 19:11:00 GMT 2005

> just checking to see if is just a cygwin issue or is up stream.
>
> http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=14587

Well, seeing as how it is a bug in the upstream database, it
must be upstream :)  See also my report at
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-findutils/2005-08/msg00037.html

POSIX requires -L, and requires -L to take an argument (ie.
it is not optional).  GNU xargs also provides -l as a synonym,
except that with -l, the argument is optional and defaults
to 1.

> privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you
> have received it in error, purge the message from your system and
> notify the sender immediately.  Any other use of the email by you
> is prohibited.

Trailers like this in public forums are impossible to enforce, consider
using an email account where such trash isn't appended to your
email.

--
Eric Blake