Linking with comctl32 lib

Brian Dessent brian@dessent.net
Thu Sep 15 06:11:00 GMT 2005

Bryan Siever wrote:

> You build a standalong windows app and link in
> (statically) the comctl32.dll into your app. You then

You cannot "statically link a DLL".  The two concepts (static and
dynamic linking) are mutually exclusive.  The only way that you would be
able to statically link against comctl32 was if you had access to the
static version of the library (NOT the DLL + import lib), which as far
as I know, does not come with MS Visual Studio and is not generally
available to anyone outside of MS.  It's certainly not possible with
Cygwin and w32api.

Brian