RSync Stalling issue

Jonathan jonathan@infinitedepth.com.au
Mon Sep 5 12:17:00 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have been using cygwin to run openssh on my windows box to provide
functionality and backup services.

Recently the stalling problem has become an issue I need to resolve,
although it has always occurred.

When backing up data off the desktop box ( debian <- windows ) the rsync
will often stall.

The following command below initiates the rsync on the debian host.

/usr/bin/rsync -e "ssh" --timeout=60 --stats --progress --partial -vr
"$remote/$folder" $local &> $tmp

I have trawled the news group to find this problem with rsync and scp
mentioned more than once.

It would appear that the only conclusion from all the threads, puts the
stalling down to a socket select mishandling (Speculation ?).

Has anyone got further information regarding this issue.

PS

Yes I have tried the msleep(30); rsync solution.

--
Regards

Jonathan Molyneux

Infinite Depth Consulting