how to get a coredump [was RE: Asterisk Cygwin]

Joe Smith unknown_kev_cat@hotmail.com
Fri Oct 28 03:22:00 GMT 2005

"Christopher Faylor" <cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com> wrote in
message news:20051027170440.GA23708@trixie.casa.cgf.cx...
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 12:17:15PM -0400, Jason Pyeron wrote:
>>As I don't use debuggers every day, I am posing this to the list:
>>
>>On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, Jerris, Michael MI wrote:
>>>With the patch on that bug in mantis, everything compiles great and
>>>starts, but I am getting segfaults when I try to pass calls.  Do you
>>>know how to get a coredump, I don't seem to be able to on my machine,
>>>just a stackdump which is basically useless.

> Add "error_start:/usr/bin/dumper.exe" to your CYGWIN environment variable.

Well either that or the man page is slightly wrong.
the manpage says:

>One  common way to use  dumper is to plug it into cygwin's Just-In-Time
>debugging facility by adding
>
>error_start=x:\path\to\dumper.exe
>
>to   the    CYGWIN   environment    variable.    Please    note    that
>x:\path\to\dumper.exe   is   Windows-style  and  not  cygwin  path.  If
>error_start is set this way, then dumper will be started whenever  some
>program encounters a fatal error.

That makes it explicit that windows paths must be used, but your post does
not use it.
Without doing any testing, I'll guess that the man page is out of date.