Problem compiling a program and his libraries

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Wed Oct 26 15:42:00 GMT 2005

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, cristian gonzalez wrote:

> Hi.I need help whit cygwin and the compiling of libraries.
> My problem is this:
> I have a program with a function within.The program is this:
>
> void hello3();
>
> main()
> {
> void *lib2;
> void (*func1)();
> hello();
> lib2=dlopen("lib2.dll",RTLD_LAZY);
> func1=dlsym(lib2,"hello2");
> (*func1)();
> }
>
> void hello3()
> {
> printf("hello 3");
> }
>
> The program call to function "hello" ,that is in lib1 wich is compiled against
> the program, and call to lib2 by means of dlopen and dlsym.
> The problem  is in which lib2 call to lib1 and call to the function "hello3"
> that is into de program.I need to compiled so that it allows lib2 to call
> "hello3". I know that this is possible in linux by means of -rdinamyc but this
> doesn't work in cygwin.
> I will write you the lib2 in case it helps you:
>
> int hello2()
> {
> hello();
> hello3();
> }

This was just asked last week.  Googling for 'cygwin dll link "main
executable" site:cygwin.com' brings up this thread:
<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-10/msg00516.html>.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/