Problem: find not traversing /cygdrive/X properly?

Kevin Autrey Kevin.Autrey@pobox.com
Mon Oct 24 12:27:00 GMT 2005

Hi Chris -

I always put "." in the front of my path so that as I'm developing an app,
I always pick up the devel version in my current working directory instead
of /usr/local/bin.  I know it's not the most secure thing in the world, but
I'm on a stand-alone, single-user system, so the security risks are manageable.

Just to try something, I modified my path to only include "/usr/bin" - no
difference:

>tka-16:/cygdrive/p> set path = "/usr/bin"
>tka-16:/cygdrive/p> which find
>/usr/bin/find
>tka-16:/cygdrive/p> find /cygdrive/c -iname win.ini
>find: .: No such file or directory
>find: /cygdrive/c/.backupSettings: No such file or directory
>find: /cygdrive/c/AUTOEXEC.BAT: No such file or directory
>find: /cygdrive/c/boot.ini: No such file or directory
>find: /cygdrive/c/CONFIG.SYS: No such file or directory
>find: /cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings: No such file or directory
>find: /cygdrive/c/IO.SYS: No such file or directory
>find: /cygdrive/c/Log.txt: No such file or directory
>find: /cygdrive/c/MSDOS.SYS: No such file or directory
>find: /cygdrive/c/NTDETECT.COM: No such file or directory
>find: /cygdrive/c/ntldr: No such file or directory
>find: /cygdrive/c/PRIOR_SYSTEM: No such file or directory
>find: /cygdrive/c/Program Files: No such file or directory
>find: /cygdrive/c/RECYCLER: No such file or directory
>find: /cygdrive/c/System Volume Information: No such file or directory
>find: /cygdrive/c/Temp: No such file or directory
>find: /cygdrive/c/tomsteady.ini: No such file or directory
>find: /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS: No such file or directory
>find: /cygdrive/c/xPos.txt: No such file or directory

Per Eric's suggestion from last week, I did change my mount types to -b:

>tka-16:/cygdrive/p> mount -m
>mount -f -s -b "D:/CygWIN/bin" "/usr/bin"
>mount -f -s -b "D:/CygWIN/lib" "/usr/lib"
>mount -f -s -b "D:/CygWIN" "/"
>mount -s -b --change-cygdrive-prefix "/cygdrive"

Very strange...

Kevin