exiting vim changes background colour of console

Lennart Borgman lennart.borgman.073@student.lu.se
Thu Oct 20 07:07:00 GMT 2005

Brian Dessent wrote:

>Lennart Borgman wrote:
>

>>I do not remember anything about this now, but comparing to my current
>>PS1 I can see that I has a \] after the last m. I have
>>
>>    PS1=\[\033[32;47m\w >\033[0m\]
>>

>That's incorrect.  The \[ and \] are to be used only to delineate
>nonprinting sequences.  If you include "\w >" inside them you will
>really muck up your prompt if you type a command wider than one screen.
>
>PS1="\[\033[32;47m\]\w >\[\033[0m\]"
>
>Brian

Thanks very much this! However I still have problem with long commands.
I start Cygwin with

     ****** cygwin.cmd:
    @echo off
    set chere_invoking=1
    D:\cygwin\bin\bash --login -i

When the command wraps into the next line then I can not edit the
command any more. Is there something I can do about this?

Kind regards,
Lennart