cygrunsrv --list "Access is denied" (Was: Re: SETUP: In-use files have been replaced)

Brian Dessent brian@dessent.net
Tue Oct 18 20:58:00 GMT 2005

Rolf Campbell wrote:

> Every time I try to list services using cygrunsrv, I get an error:
>
> $ cygrunsrv --list
> cygrunsrv: Error enumerating services: OpenService:  Win32 error 5:
> Access is denied.

That means that there is some service that you do not have access to.
When cygrunsrv goes to try to get information on it with OpenService it
is denied access.  You'd have to run it with a debugger to find out more
details.

I've been meaning to work on a patch that turns this error into a
warning so that it can just keep going if it runs into this problem.

Brian