problems with top using Cygwin ssh to Debian 31r0a

David Christensen dpchrist@holgerdanske.com
Sat Oct 15 19:24:00 GMT 2005

Larry Hall wrote:
> Perhaps you've implied something you didn't intend

I try to run all my machines and applications -- Windows, Cygwin, Debian, etc.
-- with "official" packages and "out of the box" configurations as much as
possible.  I don't believe I've messed with anything related to terminals
(terminfo ?) on either Debian machine; I wouldn't even know where to start.

> but if using Cygwin's ssh works with Debian 3.0 but not with Debian
> 3.1, I'd suspect something on the Debian side.  Sounds like a
> terminal problem to me.

That's what I thought, so I posted a question to the debian-user list and the
suggestion came back that I test with something other than Cygwin ssh.  So, I
tested with Putty and Putty works fine with both Debian 3.0 and 3.1.  So, now
I'm posting the question here.

> Do both understand your terminal setting?

I don't see any complaints when I log into a Debian machine.

How can I troubleshoot this?

David