Cygwin install changing permissions

Debbie Tropiano debbiet@arlut.utexas.edu
Tue Nov 29 12:35:00 GMT 2005

Larry -

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 05:30:38PM -0500, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> Understood.  From what you described, there wasn't anything obviously
> wrong with the install process used.  There's a chance that the installation
> media itself is bad somehow, though I do think it's pretty remote that it
> would cause the problems reported. ...

Especially since that same install CD was used to install Cygwin on
several other XP systems without seeing the same results.

>...In any case, I think you can gather
> from this that the reported results are not the expected ones from an
> ordinary Cygwin (off-line) install.  If you find it is reproducible somehow,
> then we're certainly interested in the details.

I'll let you know, but it'll be a while....

Thanks for the help,
Debbie
--
| Debbie Tropiano                            |  debbiet@arlut.utexas.edu   |
| Environmental Sciences Laboratory          |     +1 512 835 3367 w       |