FAO Teun Burgers [was RE: fltk package status]

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Tue Nov 22 19:40:00 GMT 2005

Shai Ayal wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm not sure if this is the right list, but here it goes:

  Yes, it absolutely is.  Maintainers don't like to be bothered at their
private email addresses; the list is the place to make contact.  You can try
and get their attention by pinging them in the subject line if you like, such
as I've done here.

> Does anybody know who is the maintainer for the fltk package

  The generic way to find the maintainer of any cygwin package is to read the
cygwin-specific documentation for that package in /usr/share/doc/Cygwin.

> and if it
> is going to be updates anytime soon? current package is 1.1.4, current
> fltk version is 1.1.6, mainly bug fixes!

  At this point, we wait for Teun to respond.  (Once you've found who the
maintainer is, it's easy enough to take a look through the list archive and
see if they've been active recently, which should give you some idea of
whether to expect a reply or not, and whether the package is likely to be
updated or not.)

    cheers,
      DaveK