Complex.h file

John Coppens john@jcoppens.com
Sun Nov 20 16:51:00 GMT 2005

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 18:55:33 +0000 (UTC)
Tony Richardson <ar63@evansville.edu> wrote:

>    _Complex double x = 7 + 8i;
>    x += -3 - 4i;
>    x *= 2 + 5i;
>    x /= 3 - 4i;
>    printf("(%f,%f)\n", creal(x), cimag(x));
>
> but it does not have built-in support for all of the complex functions
> that are declared in complex.h.  I would assume the "problem" is
> more of newlib issue than a gcc one.

Hi Tony.

That's good news - I couldn't find much info on the nuts and bolts of the
complex stuff in gcc-3.4.x (Is there some manual that is up-to-date? The
gcc manuals I found are from 2002 or older).

I just tried to change a few complex declarations to _Complex on the big
machine and they even seem compatible with the normal 'complex'
declarations.

The program doesn't use sophisticated complex functions, so there's a
good possibility it'll work.

Anyway, I'll also explore the minGW way, as I would appreciate
stand-alone executables.

Thanks for the info.
John