Windows mysql CLI and Cygwin terminals

Rodrigo Amestica ramestic@nrao.edu
Tue Nov 15 14:09:00 GMT 2005

Hi,

the link at the end describe very well the problem I'm
having. I just want to add some info and verify that
the status is still negative (not doable).

The shell commands I'm trying out without success are mysql and
mysqlshow with option '-p'.

I have modified cygwin.bat by removing tty from the
CYGWIN setting. In this way the shell running under
this "Windows window" does indeed work okay (mysqlshow).
If I start an xterm from this shell and call msqlshow
from that xterm then I have seen that the password is
actually requested in the window from where the xterm
was launched. By entering the right password in that
window then I will see the expected mysqlshow output
in the xterm window!

When tty is used then mysqlshow does not actually
hang.  It goes into doing something that takes 99% of
cpu time, as reported by the windows task manager.

thanks,
  Rodrigo