Linker Error: cannot find -lGL [in Cygwin]

André Bleau andre_bleau@hotmail.com
Mon Nov 7 18:46:00 GMT 2005

Olumide wrote:
Hi -

I'm sure theres' a straightforward answer to this question. I'm trying to
link
an object file (main.o) with the OpenGL libraries but I'm getting the
following
error:

$ g++ main.o -lglut -lGL -lGLU -o demo
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: cannot
find
-lGL
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Which is quite surprising because I only just reinstalled the latest version
of
Cygwin (all of it). What am I not doing right?

Thanks,

- Olumide

Olumide,

For instructions about compiling/linking OpenGL and GLUT programs, please
read:

/usr/share/doc/opengl-1.1.0/README.txt

André Bleau, Cygwin's OpenGL package maintainer
Please send any question regarding the OpenGL package to cygwin at cygwin
dot com

Anything writen below this line is from my mailing agent and I have no
control over it.