signals and read blocking - EINTR

Jim Easton jim@cs.ualberta.ca
Wed Nov 2 08:10:00 GMT 2005

Hi

Samuel Thibald wrote:
> Mmm, I had a look at posix, at it says "The state of these flags is
> not specified for signal()." So that you indeed need to explicitely
> unset the flag, else the behavior is implementation-dependant (BSD sets
> SA_RESTART and clears SA_RESETHAND for instance).
>
> Alternatively, siginterrupt() might be useful, but sigaction is
> preferred.
>
> Regards,
> Samuel

Yes, I will keep that in mind.

There are a couple of other flags that are set on the other
architectures which I haven't investigated yet (read; I don't know
what they do), but it's working now on Cygwin, Solaris, SGI, AIX and
Linux.  (The sun4s need a little tweeking)

Thank you and Chris Faylor for your help - much appreciated.

	Jim