Symlinks don't work in python???

Jason Tishler jason@tishler.net
Sat May 7 16:22:00 GMT 2005

Steve,

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 08:48:16AM -0400, Jason Tishler wrote:
> You can workaround the problem by defining PYTHONCASEOK:
>
>     $ PYTHONCASEOK= python -c 'import bar'
>     $
>
> I will work with the Python developers to try to come up with a better
> long term solution.

I have found the long term solution to this problem:

    http://sf.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1197318&group_id=5470&atid=305470

The solution was actually much easier than I thought -- it just makes
Cygwin use the Mac OS X case checking function (i.e, case_ok()) instead
of a modified Window's version.

The next Cygwin Python package will have the above mentioned patch
applied.

Thanks for helping to uncover this bug.

Jason