Problem with cygwin setup

Brian Keener bkeenerReMoVeAnTiSpAm@thesoftwaresource.com
Mon May 2 22:56:00 GMT 2005

Jds wrote:
> Short Version:
> Could someone tell me the target for the cygwin shortcut that should get installed?
>

>From what I recall it was dependent on your OS - for old Win9x OS's it was placed in
Desktop and for Win2k or WinNT and the like it was placed in Documents and setting and
either All Users or your User Id based on how you answered the option for "all users"
or "just me" during setup.

Thought - which option did you select and are you the administrator for this system -
also what OS are you on and one last thought:

Looking at your log:

2005/05/02 13:22:22 running: C:\cygwin\bin\sh.exe -c /etc/postinstall/post-texmf.sh
2005/05/02 13:35:42 Enabled Anti Virus software
2005/05/02 13:35:43 mbox note: Nothing needed to be installed
2005/05/02 13:35:44 Ending cygwin install

Notice the Nothing needed to be installed note - did you actually see it download and
install anything - did you in fact select something to be installed - from the Chooser
screen when it shows you all the categories you must select at least the Base
Category.

bk