./configure

Paulo Sequeira psequeira@racsa.co.cr
Mon Mar 14 17:47:00 GMT 2005

Donald wrote:
> Paulo Sequeira <psequeira <at> racsa.co.cr> writes:
>

>>Donald wrote:
>>
>>>I am a newbie for cygwin.When I try to typed ./configure, it shows that.
>>>
>>>"$ ./configure"
>>>"bash: ./configure: No such file or directory"
>>>
>>>Is there missing some packages of cygwin?
>>>
>>>Thanks for your help
>>>

>>where are you running that command from? Most likely, you won't find a
>>configure file in home, unless you've deliverately put one there.
>>
>>what are you trying to configure?
>>

> I have typed "./configure" under /usr/src
> I try to install a program but I don't have any experience on compiling a
> program. :(
>
> The readme of the program said :
>
> Build
> -----
>
> Goto the "src" directory and run "./configure". When this finishs
> successfully, run "make".
>
> But when I typed "./configure" ,
> "bash: ./configure: No such file or directory"

well, I'm guessing you just got the tarball (the tar.gz file) and
extracted its contents somewhere (say, /tmp/foo). I bet that you'll see
a src directory under /tmp/foo and that the "src" directory the readme
is referring to is precisely that one, and not /usr/src. Try running
./configure from /tmp/foo/src and see what happens.

Paulo