Problem with /usr/share/info/dir file.

Rodrigo Medina rodmedina@cantv.net
Sun Mar 13 10:39:00 GMT 2005

Hi,
There is a bothering behavior of the updating of some packages
(e.g. tetex-bin), that  install their own /usr/share/info/dir file,
overwriting the existing one. I for example use the info/dir file
to list the very large amount of software that the cygwin distribution
contains and some other programs that I have installed. I suggest to
find some way of protecting the /info/dir file. One way is to give another
name  to the info/dir files of particular packages (e.g dir.tetex), so the
user can include them as he pleases in his own info/dir file.

Greetings,
R. Medina