cygwin Digest 9 Mar 2005 02:09:01 -0000 Issue 4135

Matthew Johnson mej1960@yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 03:23:00 GMT 2005

Thanks, Brian! I expect that with this wealth of
information, I will be able to diagnose much of my
installation problems on my own now. At least I will
be able to write a better problem report to this list
if I still can't solve it on my own;)

Brian Dessent wrote:
> Matthew Johnson wrote:
>
> > When the radio button in the Package Chooser of
> > Setup.exe selected is 'Cur' and 'View' is set to
> "up
> > to date", what does 'keep' mean?

[snip]

> "Keep" means that the package is currently installed
> and no action will
> be taken to it.  If there is a newer version of the
> package available it
> will not be listed in the "up to date" view, it will
> be listed in the
> "Partial" view with a new version in the "New"
> column.

Now _that_ is a surprise. BTW: when can we Cygwin
users expect to see all this dandy information
included in either the FAQ or the web-page of
directions on how to use the Package Chooser?

[snip]

Matthew Johnson
mej1960@yahoo.com