Build/Compile problems with ApachPHP on Cygwin MS-XP

Gerrit P. Haase gerrit@familiehaase.de
Thu Jun 30 15:12:00 GMT 2005

Tony Karakashian wrote:

>>This is the wrong approach, use the linking flag -no-undefined instead.
>

> I've been searching for a couple of days now for how you're supposed
> to do that.  Set LDFLAGS?

Add it to Makefile.am (in case of PHP Makefile.in, yhey don't use
automake), there should be the following in every Makefile.in when
shared libraries / modules are created (more or less), important
are the defines for ..._LTLIBRARIES, ..._la_SOURCES and in our
case ..._la_LDFLAGS

lib_LTLIBRARIES = libname.la

libname_la_SOURCES = $(sources)

libname_la_LIBADD = \
	$(top_builddir)/liba/liba.la \
	$(top_builddir)/libb/libb.la

libname_la_DEPENDENCIES = ${version_dep} $(libname_la_LIBADD)

libname_la_LDFLAGS = \
	-version-info $(libtool_VERSION)

here add -no-undefined to ..._la_LDFLAGS.

Setting LDFLAGS should work too if there is no Makefile overriding it
(which may happen when the programmer don't care about users who want
to use user space env settings / variables).

Gerrit
--
=^..^=