chmod suddenly ceased to work on old files - NEW FINDINGS

FischRon.external@infineon.com FischRon.external@infineon.com
Tue Jun 28 13:12:00 GMT 2005

Thank you for your suggestions. Below you see the result for
file x (this is a file which does not work) and file y (which is a file
where chmod works):

$ getfacl -a x y
# file: x
# owner: fischron
# group: mkgroup_l_d
user::rwx
group::---
group:Administrators:rwx
mask:rwx
other:---

# file: y
# owner: fischron
# group: mkgroup_l_d
user::rwx
group::---
mask:rwx
other:---

$ ls -l x y
-rwx------+   1 fischron mkgroup_        4 Jan 19  2004 x
-rwx------    1 fischron mkgroup_        0 Jun 28 09:07 y

I don't know about the 'stat' command you are refering to. I'm only
aware
of the stat function in C and Perl, and I don't see how these could help
in my problem, but I nevertheless include the output of perl's stat:

$ stat x y
bash: stat: command not found

$ perl -e 'print join(" ",stat(q(x))),"\n"'
4096 3543622505 33216 1 56297 10513 4096 4 1119962896 1074494264
1074494264 1024 1

I see from getfacl, that the non-working case has an extra entry
for Administrators, but I don't understand enough from ACL to see
how this could relate to my problem....

Ronald