PostgreSQL: logon failure

George d1945@sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 17 00:21:00 GMT 2005

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 09:21:24PM +0200, Reini Urban schrieb:
> George schrieb:
> >I followed the instructions for installing postgresql as an NT service
> >as outlined in the postgresql README, but ended up with the following
> >error:
> >
> >$ cygrunsrv -S postmaster
> >cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: StartService:  Win32 error 1069:
> >The service did not start due to a logon failure.
>
> As what user do you start the service?
> The service could not logon as this user.

Makes perfect sense, but I simply followed the instructions in the
README which were fairly straightforward:

george@home
$ cygrunsrv -S cygserver

postgres@home
$ initdb -D /var/postgresql/data

george@home
$ cygrunsrv -S postmaster
cyrunsrv: Error ...

I've since retraced my steps, undoing what was done and started again.
Suprisingly or not (depending on one's point of view), everything
worked without problem.

Thanks again for the replies.

--
George