bug(?): 100% CPU usage

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Mon Jun 13 19:58:00 GMT 2005

Alexey Fayans wrote:

> This may not be a CYGWIN bug, but happens only with CYGWIN apps only.
> When I'm trying to see which dll's a CYGWIN process is using with
> sysinternals' process explorer, this CYGWIN process starts using 100%
> CPU power. This also happens if I try to see CYGWIN process' threads.

This is a known problem with SysInternal's Process Explorer. See
http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2005-06/msg00311.html.

What I haven't found is any workarounds for this. Additionally Process
Explorer misrepresents the memory size for Cygwin processes. It would be
nice if somebody would pursue this with SysInternals...
--
E-mail returned to sender -- insufficient voltage.