Postgres not working anymore

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc@alltel.net
Tue Jul 12 15:03:00 GMT 2005

Eric Blake wrote:

> Oops - it is certainly the same coreutils bug, and I am polishing my
> patch for it.  I'm putting even more priority on getting
> coreutils-5.3.0-8 out
> the door.  (Hey, at least since I am sharing code between cp, mv, and
> ln,
> all my work over the weekend to get ln working has already fixed this
> cp bug!)

I still couldn't get Postgres working.   I think I found my problem though.
Everytime I install coreutils or probably anything really all my permissions
are reset back to my very restrictive setup.  I have to alter the
permissions on every file or executable the postgres user might be dependent
on.  I'll have to revaluate running it under anything but my own id.