Compiling GNU sed

www.mail www.mail@ntlworld.com
Fri Jan 28 00:46:00 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have just updated my Cygwin, and I'm trying to compile the latest GNU sed
(4.1.3) with the command:

CC="gcc -mno-cygwin" ./configure --disable-nls

It compiles OK.  But when I run make, I get several errors stating
"undefined reference to `_wcrtomb'".

If I compile it without the -mno-cygwin option, make produces the
executable successfully.

During compilation without -mno-cygwin, there is a message:

checking for wcrtomb... yes

But during compilation with -mno-cygwin, the corresponding message is:

checking for wcrtomb... no

Please could someone tell me my I'm getting ths error?  All I know about
wcrtomb is that it's included in wchar.h.  I don't have all Cygwin
packages, but the ones that I do have are the latest versions.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Jonny