Multiple installations and 3PPs

Roman maillists@gmx.ch
Tue Jan 25 14:42:00 GMT 2005

I did not know to much about mount and regtool in Cygwin.
As regtool is a Cygwin program and uses the Cygwin environment (am I
wrong?) fiddling around in the registry seems to me like changing the
car on the race track at full speed instead of going for a pitstop.
I seemed more save to me changing the registry entries when no Cygwin is
running and therefore used DOS/Windows batches.

I wrote a collection of DOS/windows batch scripts, which do at least a
convenient job of changing between installed Cygwin versions.
I seems to work with the two versions I have from my 3PP's (V1.2 and
V1.5.10) but I have not been working with it extensively. So there might
still be short comings.

I would like to place it some where everyone interested can download,
modify and extend it. I do not want to create something like a project,
simply provide it to people who might find it useful (added the
description file).
Maybe there exists some download page for Cygwin additionals ?

Greets

Roman