Very strange rxvt problem - game hangs when it is running

Jonathan Arnold jdarnold@buddydog.org
Sat Jan 22 21:06:00 GMT 2005

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Jonathan Arnold wrote:
>

>>Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

>>>The "regular bash" that you tried is really a login shell.  That *can*
>>>run X-related stuff, e.g., from /etc/profile.d scripts.  A real test would
>>>be to try a non-login bash (just run "c:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe -i" from a
>>>CMD prompt).  If that doesn't interfere with DoD, it would make my WAG
>>>more probable.  Otherwise we'll have to look for other possible reasons.
>>
>>Okay, I tried it this way too, and it still hangs DoD.  FWIW, running
>>MSYS (MinGW's bash), does not hang DoD.
>>
>>Very Odd.
>

> Yep.  Curiouser and curiouser...  Does *any* Cygwin process have that
> effect?  Try running "c:\cygwin\bin\sleep.exe 60" from a CMD prompt --
> does *that* make DoD hang?

Strangely enough, yes that too does make DoD hang.

How very very strange.

--
Jonathan Arnold     (mailto:jdarnold@buddydog.org)
Amazing Developments       http://www.buddydog.org

I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages. -
  William H. Mauldin