putting cygwin *installation* on CD

Chad J McQuinn chadmcquinn@insightbb.com
Fri Jan 21 09:39:00 GMT 2005

On Jan 21, 2005, at 2:56 AM, Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 01:33:07 -0500, Chad J McQuinn wrote:
>> I'm try to put a cygwin installation (not the installer; a full-blown
>> installation) on CD. The basic idea is that I want to set up cygwin,
>> put it on CD, and then by means of a batch file, have that CD act as a
>> portable cygwin installation.
>
> Can you use IU's Cygwin-based XLiveCD?

It does look good, and I wasn't aware of it. Thanks for the link.
Unfortunately, it won't quite do what I want. I doesn't have tetex,
which is definitely one of my must-have packages.

However, it does look like they got the symlinks to work on the cd, so
if I can figure how to do that myself, I'm set. I don't see anything in
their docs that indicates how they constructed the CD image though.

-Chad