Couple of scripts to remove duplicate packages

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Thu Jan 20 08:20:00 GMT 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Alex wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a habit of keeping cygwin packages on my computer and updating
> them from time to time using setup.exe. This saves me time when I need
> to install on another computer.
> This creates a problem of old versions of packages accumulating in my
> download directory. I used to remove them by hand but that is a time
> consuming process. Finally I wrote an awk script to help me deal with
> the problem. And just for kicks I added a shell wrapper :).
>
> Attached are the scripts. I hope they could be useful to someone else.
> I am sure they can be improved but they have been useful to me as is.

That's a nice attempt.  However, I can see that you're not aware of
Michael Chase's clean_setup.pl (which does that and much, much more).
Google for it.
HTH,
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT