update on hyperthreading system for cgf

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Fri Jan 14 01:10:00 GMT 2005

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 05:19:22PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>I have, with some misgivings, set up a donations page:
>
>http://cygwin.com/donations.html
>
>This is something that I've wanted to do for a while and, IIRC, I've
>even previously gotten buy-in from other developers and package maintainers.
>
>If other package maintainers want to add their links, please send me
>private email with the appropriate info and I'll do so post-haste.

So far, the tally for contributions toward purchasing a hyperthreaded
system is around $175 minus the paypal processing fees.

This is still pretty far off from the goal but I would still appreciate
it if anyone could recommend a cheap system which demonstrates the
problem.  So far, I don't recall anyone giving specific details about a
name brand computer or a specific motherboard.  If I start getting names
I can start doing research on the best place to purchase a system.

cgf