Problem running cygserver

Tan Phat Huynh tanphat99ct@yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 14:54:00 GMT 2005

Hi all!
I have problem when i'm trying to install and run
cygserver

/*---------------------------------------------------------*/

$ export CYGWIN=SERVER

staff2@tiger ~
$ unset LANG

staff2@tiger ~
$ /usr/bin/cygserver-config
Overwrite existing /etc/cygserver.conf file? (yes/no)
yes
Generating /etc/cygserver.conf file

Warning: The following function requires administrator
privileges!

Do you want to install cygserver as service?
(Say "no" if it's already installed as service)
(yes/no) yes

The service has been installed under LocalSystem
account.
To start it, call `net start cygserver' or `cygrunsrv
-S cygserver'.

Further configuration options are available by editing
the configuration
file /etc/cygserver.conf.  Please read the inline
information in that
file carefully. The best option for the start is to
just leave it alone.

Please keep in mind, that a client application which
wants to use
the services provided by cygserver *must* have the
environment variable
CYGWIN set so that it contains the word "server".  So,
if you don't
need any other special CYGWIN setting, just set it to
"server".

It is advisable to add this setting to the Windows
system environment.

Basic Cygserver configuration finished. Have fun!

staff2@tiger ~
$ cygrunsrv -S cygserver
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service:
QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error 1053:
The service did not respond to the start or control
request in a timely fashion.

staff2@tiger ~
$ ps -all
      PID    PPID    PGID     WINPID  TTY  UID
STIME COMMAND
     1920       1    1920       1920  con 1003
20:53:29 /usr/X11R6/bin/XWin
      920       1     920        920  con 1003
20:53:30 /usr/bin/xterm
      964     920     964       1644    0 1003
20:53:35 /usr/bin/bash
     2664       1    2664       2664    ?  400
20:54:37 /usr/bin/cygrunsrv
     2988     964    2988       3000    0 1003
21:06:22 /usr/bin/ps

staff2@tiger ~

Please help me!
Thanks