vim problem (win xp): Cygwin seems unable to move the input cursor to arbitrary positions.

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc@alltel.net
Wed Jan 12 09:29:00 GMT 2005

anamtharon wrote:
> Revised solution (version 2).
> New cygwin.bat file:
>
> @echo off
> set SHELL=sh
> set HOME=c:\cygwin\home\anamtharon
> set TERM=cygwin
> Now that's it.

Not quite it!

Rational can also add these to your environment:
TERMCAP=C:\PROGRA~1\RATIONAL\RATION~1\NUTCROOT\etc\termcap
TERMINFO=C:\PROGRA~1\RATIONAL\RATION~1\NUTCROOT\usr\lib\terminfo

So I added this in my cygwin batch file as well.
SET TERMCAP=/etc/termcap
SET TERMINFO=/usr/share/terminfo

Another annoying thing is with Rational Common in your path, autotooled
projects find a program called hostinfo which pops up a windows dialog box
during auto configuraton.  The fall back position I think is hostname.  Now
I consulted man pages on hostinfo and I can't really tell you the difference
between what hostinfo and hostname output.

I created a softlink in the cygwin bin directory.
ln -s /bin/hostname hostinfo

I cannot tell whether this is correct or not as I don't have access to a
system that has a real hostinfo to compare the output.
It didn't appear to cause problems for the autotooled projects as they had
properly discovered my hostname.

And not to mention Rational Test has a perl.exe in it's directory making the
number of perls on my machine 4 in number . *sigh*

--
J. Lambert