Problems with subversion svn+ssh

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Wed Jan 5 18:19:00 GMT 2005

Diego Ernesto Malpica Chauvet wrote:
> I have been working with this versions of Subversion
> 1.0.6-1
> 1.1.1-1
> 1.1.2-1
>
> snv+ssh doesn't work for me since 1.1.1-1
>
> This is my test case:
>
> svnadmin create /repotest
> svn list file:///repotest
> svn list file://localhost/repotest
> svn list svn+ssh://localhost/repotest
> chmod -R 777 /repotest
> svn list svn+ssh://localhost/repotest
>
> The:  svn list svn+ssh://localhost/repotest gives me the result
>    "svn: No repository found in 'svn+ssh://localhost/repotest'"
> while I was especting and empty line like in version 1.0.6-1.
>
> I have also tried several paths to find one to access my repository but I
> have not succeded.
> May be I´m doing something o wrong, or there are changes in the default
> configuration of subversion that I´m not taking care of it.
>
> I have searched the lists users@subversion.tigris.org for a clue but it
> seems to me that the problem related to the cygwin port.
>
> Could someone help me please?
>
> Thanks in advance =).

Hmm, an unintended consequence of me relocating the executables to
/usr/lib/subversion/bin.

Here's a simple workaround for now:
echo '#!/bin/sh
/usr/lib/subversion/bin/svnserve "$@"
' > /usr/bin/svnserve
chmod +x /usr/bin/svnserve

I think I may need to reconsider the whole /usr/lib/subversion/bin thing -
it's just too hard to make work transparently.

Max.