Another spurious "multiple copies of cygwin1.dll" -- this time in perl

Gerrit P. Haase gerrit@familiehaase.de
Wed Jan 5 17:02:00 GMT 2005

fbartlet@optonline.net wrote:

> Gerrit has admonished me, and I am abashed -- I've run cygcheck (below).

You have actually read the website I quoted?

I.e. this:

"Run cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out and include that file as an
attachment in your report. Please do not compress or otherwise encode
the output. Just attach it as a straight text file so that it can be
easily viewed."

> I'm running cygwin v1.5.12-1 under WinXP Pro version 2002, SP 1
>
> Could the presence of two "C:\cygwin\bin"s in the path have any effect? There seems to be only
> one "/bin" entry in the PATH variables under Cygwin and Windows, though.

No.  Should be no problem.

> Still, there is only one reference to cygwin1.dll in the following output.

Yes.  I see nothing obvious.

Have you updated recently?

Gerrit
--