Installing Perl modules with "perl -MCPAN -e shell;" fails with "02packages.details.txt.gz does not contain a Line-Count header"

Greg Matheson lang@ms.chinmin.edu.tw
Sun Feb 27 05:46:00 GMT 2005

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, David Christensen wrote:

> > yes, it's the same for every CPAN mirror I've tried. I've deleted
> > CPAN's config.pm and my .cpan directory several times now, it's the
> > same after every reconfiguration.
> > Testing 02packages.details.txt.gz with gzip -t reports:
> > gzip: 02packages.details.txt.gz: invalid compressed data--format
> > violated

> I'd move the entire C:\cygwin tree aside, reinstall Cygwin base and the relevant
> Perl packages, and give CPAN another try.

Before I did that, I would check that just FTPing the file from the
mirror gave the same result or not.

Or if CPAN is not using FTP, but libwww, then a perl script
trying libwww.

--
Greg Matheson, Taiwan