shmget failed

Jennifer Lai lai@lindaspaces.com
Fri Feb 25 22:29:00 GMT 2005

I have handled error in my code,
if (shmid==-1) {
   fprintf(stderr, "cannot create shared region.\n");
   exit(1);
}
But this code is not executed unless I comment out
shmid = shmget(IPC_PRIVATE, size, IPC_CREAT | 0600);

I read somewhere that ipc-daemon2 should be up and running. So, I checked it,

% cygrunsrv -Q ipc-daemon2
cygrunsrv: Error querying a service: OpenService: Win32 error 1060:
The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

% ipc-daemon2
(ipc-daemon2) IPC-daemon is already started!!
(ipc-daemon2) Unable to start IPC-daemon!

%ipcs -m
Bad system call

Does these errors have to do with why shmget failed?
and, how would I be able to fix them?

Thanks,
Jennifer