TEST release of SWIG: 1.3.24-1 (Attention SWIG users!)

Brian Dessent brian@dessent.net
Mon Feb 21 04:48:00 GMT 2005

zzapper wrote:

> >I have uploaded SWIG 1.3.24 as a TEST release.
> >
> Is Swig something to do with drinking alcohol <G>?
>
> from the TFSRCPUTIAGITPABSOTPITUP
> (The Friendly Society for Reminding CYGWIN Package Updaters That It's A Good Idea To Put A Brief
> Synopsis Of Their Package In Their Update Postings)

If you don't know what it stands for then you're probably not a user of
it, and thus not the intended audience of the message, since he was
asking those that use it to try the new version.

That said I agree that package announcements should contain a brief
description of the package.  But this was not posted to cygwin-announce
so it's not an official package announcement per se.

Brian