What has changed in cygwin's memory access?

Charles D. Russell worwor@bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 15 13:57:00 GMT 2005

I wrote:

Using a version of cygwin installed around April of '03 I could increase
the stack size with  gcc flag -Wl,--stack to 256 Mb, but now, on the
same machine (512 Mb RAM, Windows XP Pro) I can get only 150 Mb using a
recent cygwin download. What has changed in memory usage since April '03?