Python 2.4's test_threadedtempfile failing (was Re: hyperthreading fix try #2)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan@iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 14 13:39:00 GMT 2005

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 01:17:03AM +1000, Nick Coghlan wrote:
>>Command lines looked like (with thread and file counts filled in):
>>$ python /lib/python2.4/test/test_threadedtempfile.py -t <threads> -f
>><files>
>>
> Is this a regression?  Was this also problem with 1.5.12?
>
> Unless there are pipes involved in this test, I don't see how it could be
> related to the problem.

I can't say for sure if it's a regression, since I never got 1.5.12 to work
properly at all (and hence didn't back up the bin directory before dropping the
snapshot binaries into it). At the moment, I'm curious if the test passes on
non-hyperthreaded machines.

I've changed the subject and cc'ed Jason though, to see if he has anything to add.

Regards,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan   |   ncoghlan@email.com   |   Brisbane, Australia