Searching the archives was: Stable and Unstable Install Trees

Brian Dessent brian@dessent.net
Thu Feb 10 14:55:00 GMT 2005

"Phillips, James R" wrote:

> Sorry if this has been discussed before, but the mailing list search fuction is currently not available.

I keep seeing people post this, but they don't seem to realise that the
list is archived in many places and the htdig search on cygwin.com was
never very good anyway.  You can search the list at:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cygwin
http://www.mail-archive.com/index.php?hunt=cygwin
http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin

...or by using a google search for "site:cygwin.com inurl:ml foo" where
foo is your search query.  You can even search by year by adding
"inurl:2004" to search only 2004.

Brian