bash: tab completion failure from (but not at) /

Ronald Landheer-Cieslak ronald@landheer.com
Wed Feb 9 07:29:00 GMT 2005

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Feb  8 07:19, fergus@bonhard.uklinux.net wrote:
>>Recent remarks ("I have an idea about how to fix the race but it would
>>introduce a destabilizing change that I'd rather not chance before 1.5.13 is
>>released") suggest that an updated cygwin1.dll might be imminent.
>>Please could I mention a minor but annoying glitch described along with
>>Corinna's immediate and effective fix at
>>http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-05/msg00449.html but which has
>>re-emerged in recent snapshots, at least since
>>http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-12/msg00838.html, in which Corinna
>>records her perplexity ("weird") at this re-emergence.
>>Things worked properly in snapshot 20041222 but fail from 20041223.
> Nevertheless, that's a bash problem.  Is our bash maintainer still around?
Yep, still here..
I'll have a look at what your patch in Bash is up to tomorrow (still
don't have a Windows machine at home) but it should be compiled in -
there's no reason why it wouldn't be: the only thing I haven't changed
is a fix for http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-09/msg01517.html.

I'll report back when I've checked (ping me if that doesn't happen in 24
hours - I'm rather busy lately...)

rlc