perl winpid?

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Tue Feb 8 18:10:00 GMT 2005

Gerrit P. Haase schrieb:
> Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:

>>> We will check out there where this cygwin specific functionality
>>> will go to.
>>> Win32::Process::CygwinToWin32ProcessID() is my suggestion.
>
>> I'd rather see them in the Proc:: namespace, and I think it would make
>> sense to put them in perl's cygwin.c itself, if Gerrit is willing to
>> release yet another perl-5.8.6.  If this sounds OK, I'll come up with
>> a patch.
>
> I have no problem with another release.  And I agree that such important
> functions should go inside perl.

Ok.
Then we won't have to pollute the Win32::Process namespace with this
cygwin-only functionality. And we don't have to wait for the still
unmaintained libwin32 upstream.

README.cygwin, cygwin/cygwin.c:
=item cygwin32_winpid_to_pid($pid)

Returns the windows process ID for the given cygwin pid. cygwin-only.

=item cygwin32_pid_to_winpid($pid)

Returns the cygwin process ID for the given windows pid. cygwin-only.

Or as seperate Proc::Cygwin package, which could be maintained at CPAN
and go to vendor_perl within gerrit's perl package?

   Proc::Cygwin::Win32ProcessID($pid)
   Proc::Cygwin::CygwinProcessID($winpid)

--
Reini Urban