Hyperthreading problem: remote access

Joris van der Sande cone@pulserate.com
Sun Feb 6 06:42:00 GMT 2005

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> However, here is one of the times I repeated that I
> don't want to do this over the internet:
> [...]
> Fixing this problem will be difficult.  Dealing with
> race conditions like this always is difficult.

Indeed, as an embedded software designer I know this
first hand.

> I don't want to do this over the internet.  It would
> be too painful and there is no guarantee that I
> could even do it at all.  It could involve machine
> reboots

Fair enough. It is already amazing how much effort you
and other volunteers put into cygwin. Obviously it is
your own choice whether you want to put up with the
hassle of remote debugging and possibly many re-logins.

> I can't imagine why this would be a useful thing to
> discuss here.

I just assumed there was a technical reason why remote
debugging would not work, that I had overlooked. The
offer still stands in case another developer likes to
give it a try.

/Joris