SSH problem after upgrade - SOLVED

Fri Dec 23 08:19:00 GMT 2005

Ed Brady wrote:

> Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

>> IIRC, the Windows dynamic loader will first look for DLLs in the
>> application directory, and only then in the PATH.  Here's a WAG: do you
>> have a copy of winsock.dll or ws2_32.dll in /usr/bin?

The problem is now solved.

The culprit is due to the installation of the cmake-2.2.3-1 package.
(Located in development).   This package, copies three Microsoft Windows
specific dll's to /usr/bin.  Specifically, mfc71.dll, msvcp71.dll, and
msvcr71.dll.  Once I uninstalled this package ssh, telnet, and ftp,
worked as intended.

As a sanity check, I unzipped the package and manually copied the dlls
to /usr/bin and the problem returned.

Igor P., it looks like your WAG pretty much nailed it.

Thanks to all who had input

Ed